Thursday, December 9, 2010

Coming Out Songs: The Other Side


Another song that has taken on added meaning to me since coming out is an older song called The Other Side, performed by Anne Murray.  This song has meant a lot to me ever since I was introduced to it about 12 years ago.  As I have faced personal, professional and family challenges since then, I have received a lot of inspiration from these words.  Now that I have embarked on this new journey, the lyrics words have taken on additional meaning.

I have prepared my very first (!) video/slide show to present this song.  I hope you like it, and that some of you may find the inspiration in this song that I have.


 The Other Side

Through each life time - run rivers to cross
What if there's no life line and you're sinking or lost?

Just believe in your direction,
Let your heart explore,

Cause you can't reach new horizons
Standing on the shore

There are mountains - we need to climb
But the mountains standing in the way
are only in our minds

And the risk of going nowhere
Is the greatest risk of all,

So just listen to the voice that says
“I'll catch you if you fall.”

On the other side of doubt is faith
On the other side of pain lies strength
The journey may seem endless
And you know the road is rough
But on the other side of fear... is love

For such a long time I put my dreams aside
The tides of change felt dangerous
The mountains seemed too high …

But my dreams were slowly fading
As time went quickly by,
So I held me breath with every step
Never knowing I would find...

On the other side of doubt is faith
On the other side of pain lies strength
The journey may seem endless
And you know the road is rough
But on the other side of fear... is love

1 comment:

  1. Anne Murry has always been one of my favourite singers. Her Folk melodies have brought me though some difficult times as well.

    not to mention she is a Canadian Icon... which means we (Canadians) are required for Government purposes to enjoy and purchase Anne's albums :)

    ReplyDelete